Chill 2018 Warranty Information
The Chill Pass Warranty is useful if you get injured during the season leading up to the 31st of August 2018 or if you have a change of circumstances leading up to the 6th of July 2018.
Find out all the information about the Chill Pass Warranty here. You can opt out of the Pass Warranty at time of purchase.
Chill offers a series of warranties that provide the flexibility to transfer the full or part value of your pass to the following year should you decide the snow conditions are not to your liking or if you obtain an injury early in the season.
The warranty price is $45 on all passes.
The 2018 warranty policy is listed below, please read carefully. Please note, Chill Passes are not refundable under any circumstances.
1. Without purchasing the 2018 warranty option, the value of your Chill Pass is non-transferable from one year to the next under any circumstances, this applies to all types of Chill Pass.
2. The warranty option fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
3. The Warranty Option is only available when purchased concurrently with (at the same time as) your Chill pass.
4. If you purchase a warranty option Chill will transfer up to 100% of the price you paid for your Chill Pass to the following season if:
a. you suffer an injury or sickness before 31 August 2018 which prevents your participation in skiing or snowboarding for the rest of the 2018 Season; or
b. you are not satisfied with the snow conditions for the 2018 season up to 6 July 2018.
5. If you make a warranty claim and Chill accepts that claim, then the value of the claim is only available as a credit towards the purchase by you of a Chill Pass at full cost for the following season. In no circumstances will Chill make any cash payment as a result of a warranty claim. The credit available as a result of an accepted warranty claim in 2018 is only available for the 2019 season and is not transferable from the purchaser of the Warranty Option to any other person.
6. No warranty claims for snow conditions may be made after 6 July 2018.
7. If you need to claim against your Warranty Option for sickness or injury, Chill must receive your written request within 5 days after you suffer an injury or sickness which prevents your participation in skiing or snowboarding for the rest of the 2018 Season. Reoccurring injuries will be considered on a case by case basis. No warranty claims for sickness or injury may be made after 31 August 2018.
8. When presenting your claim you must provide a covering letter of explanation and 2018 Chill Pass. With a sickness or injury claim provide a medical certificate detailing the date of the first medical treatment and prognosis, also stating that you are unable to ski or board, and the length of time the illness or injury will prevent participation. Receipt of doctor's visit is not accepted as a medical certificate.
9. When a warranty claim is made the claimant ceases to have any right to use the 2018 Chill Pass.
10. The value of the credit available for the 2019 season if a warranty claim is accepted is determined by the number of days you have used your Chill Pass at the time of making your warranty claim. The calculation will be as follows.
a. Chill will assume that the full value of your Chill Season Pass represents 14 days use.
b. The value of the credit available is reduced proportionately by the number of days that you have used the Chill Pass before making a warranty claim as shown in the following example.
c. E.g. if you have used your Chill Season Pass 2 days the value by pro rata is 12/14 (= 6/7 of value of pass).
d. The value of the credit is 100% of the price you paid for your 2018 Chill Pass multiplied by the proportion of the price calculated on the basis set out in clause C.
For example, if you paid $905 (GST inclusive) for your pass and used your Chill Pass for 2 days before making a warranty claim that was accepted, the credit available to you for the 2019 season will be:
$905 multiplied by 12/14 equals $775.71.
Credit available $775.71.
11. All 2018 warranty options are valid for the 2019 winter season. If the Warranty Option is not taken in the 2019 season the Warranty Option expires.
12. All warranty claims are subject to Chill's discretion and approval - Chill's interpretation of the above conditions is final.
13. A warranty claimant may be ineligible for a loyalty rate for the next year.
14. Warranties can now be purchased individually on family passes.
15. The reprint charge for new passes in 2019 is $10. The current reprint fee will apply to any warranty claim at the time of printing.