Skiing With Kids Survival Guide
The Clubbies are Firing!
Hear from our adventure experts
Bike Tube Sale!! Get yours today!!
Image caption appears here
Add your deal, information or promotional text
Shop our range of quality gravel bikes
Tools & Maintenance
Training & Nutrition
Join us on a guided or self-guided tour around Christchurch and beyond.
Bike bags available for hire
Chill Season Passes on Sale Now for 2023
Join us for an Intro to Touring or Snow Safety Course this winter
Chill Alpine Friends
Curious about ski mountaineering and what is involved? Thinking you’d like to try skiing on
glaciers? Our Alpine Skills Course for skiers is designed for those looking to travel further afield and works
in conjunction with our two-day Snow Safety Course (which is the Avalanche Skills Course 1 on
Date-July 8-9th (2 days)
What is covered:
- Use of crampons and ice axe
- Self arresting with and without skis
- Snow Anchors using ski equipment
- Basic crevasse rescue
- Boot packing (with or without crampons) - line selection, spacing, transition points.
- Judging snow quality and timing
- Abseiling over cornices
This course is for expert skiers and riders only - this is not a course for intermediate skiers/riders
Solid fitness is required - ability to boot pack 400-500m vertical
- Ski or split board touring gear
- Foot crampons
- Ice axe
- Harness plus a 120m personal anchor system, 3 locking carabiners, 3 non-lockers
- 2 prussiks of 6mm diameter (2m and 3 m long)
- 30-40m ski touring rope
- If you cancel 14 days or less prior to course start there is no refund.
- If you cancel more than 14 days prior to start you can apply for a full refund less $55.00 admin fee.
- If the course is postponed due to weather conditions on day one, a refund or another course will be offered.
- A course can be postponed by Chill if there is not enough interest/confirmed bookings.
Please note: Chill will confirm in the week prior to the course whether the course is on as scheduled or not. If the course is cancelled, due to weather conditions or not enough participants, you can either apply for a refund or book for another course later in the season.
Our Cancellation Policies are subject to change, please contact us if you have any questions by emailing email@example.com or phone us on 03 365 6530.