2022 Chill Pass Terms and Conditions
The legal side of the Chill Passes, please make sure you read and understand the Terms and Conditions before purchasing your pass. These will give you an idea of how the Chill Pass works, including use of the pass on the mountain.
The term Chill Passes refers to: All Full Season Passes, Travel Passes, and 30 Day Passes.
2022 Chill Season Passes will be valid for the applicant’s personal use from the date of issue until 26 October 2022 on days when lifts are operating, at Ski Areas on the 2022 Chill Pass.Chill Season Pass Ski Areas include: The Chill Season Pass accesses the following 12 ski areas: Rainbow, Hanmer Springs, Mt Lyford, Fox Peak, Mt Dobson, Awakino, Porters, Cheeseman, Broken River, Mt Olympus, Temple Basin, Craigieburn,* and Tukino.
Access to all ski areas is 7 days of the week, with the exception of Craigieburn* where the passholder must stay at their lodge on Friday to access the lifts on Saturday or Saturday night to access the lifts on Saturday and Sunday.
Herein, ‘the ski areas:'
Each ski area reserves the right to set its own terms and conditions relating to the use of its ski area and facilities.
Each ski area is free to determine the types of facilities operated by it and the dates and times at which those facilities will operate and be available for use by Chill Pass holders. Chill Pass holders can contact Chill for further information.
The Chill Pass is non-transferable and is valid for the use of the applicant only.
The Chill Pass holder is responsible for any unauthorized use of the Chill Pass, unless the Chill Pass has been reported lost or stolen. Replacement passes are $30.
The Chill Pass price is non-refundable but in some circumstances a portion of the value of the Chill Pass may be credited to the next season if the warranty option has been purchased. The terms and conditions of the warranty option apply.
Misconduct may result in the revocation of the Chill Pass with no refund. Any decision will be at the sole discretion of Chill in association with the relevant ski area. Misconduct includes reckless skiing or snowboarding, failure to obey all signs, closures and policies of the ski areas, failure to obey the skiers and snowboarder’s responsibility code, or breach of any other term or condition expressed or implied relating to the use of the ski areas.
Conditions of use as appear on individual ski area day tickets are fully applicable.
You need your Chill Pass to track-in and receive your day ticket. Day tickets are available upon presentation of the Chill Season Pass at the ski areas ticket office. The pass will be scanned or the pass holder asked to sign a tracking form. A current day pass must be displayed in order to access the ski area lifts.
Please keep your Chill Pass with you at all times and present upon request.
As a Season Pass holder you are entitled to ONE Days Grace. The Days Grace enables you to ski for one day without your pass. If you forget your pass, ask the ticketing staff to contact CHILL, and we will assess your eligibility for a day pass.
Chill in association with the ski areas may alter the terms and conditions applying to the Chill Pass at any time without notice.
The Chill Pass remains the property of Chill at all times.
Chill Passes can be upgraded for the difference in face value at the time of the upgrade, plus a $20 admin fee.
The pass holder may accompany a “buddy” to a ski area using 1 buddy day on their Travel Pass. Buddy days are part of the total days. There is no buddy pass on the season pass.
• Offers from ski areas for Non-Ski day options can be changed at any time.
• Non-Ski Day Offers are not transferable for cash or to another person.
• Non-Ski Day Offer cannot be used in conjunction with another offer.
• Pass holder must have the intention of using the service / facilities.
• One clip per Ski Day Lift Pass and/or Non-Ski Day Offer.
• Season Pass with no clips on the pass cannot be used for Non-Ski Day Offers.
• Use of Non-Ski Day Offers forfeits one day of skiing per offer taken up.
• The Ten day Travel Pass is 10 clips that can be used throughout the 2022 winter season
• The Seven day Travel Pass is 7 clips that can be used throughout the 2022 winter season
• Anyone enrolled in a full-time course of study at a New Zealand or Australian tertiary institution during the ski season (proof of full-time enrollment must be shown to obtain a student pass, student ID is not sufficient proof of full-time study).
• If you load your first semester and fall below the full time points criteria for the second semester you do not qualify for the student rates.
• Apprenticeships do not qualify for student rates.
• The onus is on you to provide us with sufficient proof of full time study. If you cannot provide sufficient proof, a student pass will not be issued and you will be required to upgrade to an adult pass at the applicable sales period rate.